Monday, January 13, 2014

Chelsea the Sixteen-Year-Old High School Student, by Sasha



“What’s in that bag, and why are you hiding it here?” 

“That’s not important.”

“Danny, you can’t just show up at my door and expect me to cover up for you. My parents are going to be home soon and they’ll figure it out eventually.”

“Please, just for the night – I’ll pick it up in the morning.”

“I can’t let you – hey, who said you could come in with that thing?”

“I don’t have anywhere else to go.”

“Can’t you at least tell me what it is?”

“No!”

“Oh – it’s drugs, isn’t it?”

“Of course not!”

“Don’t lie to me, Danny, I’ve seen Glee. I know what’s up.”

“I don’t –”

“I saw you at Kathy’s party.”

“That was one time… besides, I wouldn’t hide drugs in my girlfriend’s house!”

“Oh, but you’d hide that? Whatever it is?”

“Yes! This is different. This is –”

“I don’t care what it is, Danny, I want it out.”

“Do you think there’d be somewhere to hide it in the basement?”

“I don’t think – ugh, what’s that smell? Is it coming from that?”

“No! …Yes, okay, it is, but it’s not what you think –”

“Did you just bring a body into my house?!”

“No –”

“I knew you were mixed up with some crazy stuff, but I didn’t think – are you in some kind of gang?”

“Seriously, a gang? That’s what you think? Don’t you trust me?”

“You’re trying to hide a dead body in my parent’s basement!”

“It’s not – it’s not the whole body…”

“SO IT IS A BODY! What the heck, Danny, what were you thinking?”

“It wasn’t my fault!”

“Then why did you pick it up? I knew you were stupid, but I didn’t think you were this stupid.”

“We couldn’t let the cops see it.”

“That’s their job!”

“This is different –”

“No it’s – okay, if you’re going to hide it in the pantry, at least put it back behind the rotten stuff so it’ll mask the smell.”

“Oh, thanks.”

“Seriously, you can’t even hide a body properly.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You failed Mrs. Norton’s English class because you spelled your name wrong on an essay twice.”

“I still don’t get how I can fail English when I can obviously speak it.”

“That’s not the point. The body!”

“Oh yeah – so you’ll keep it here?”

“No! Ugh… We’ve both seen it now, we’re both in trouble if the cops find out. So fine, yes. But you better tell me what’s going on.”

“Yes! You’re the best, Chels.”

“What are girlfriends for?”

“I couldn’t have done it without you. Anyway, gotta go.”

“You gotta go?”

“Yeah, I’ve still got some stuff to do!”

“So you just came here to drop the body and leave?”

“Yeah, thanks so much! I’ll see you in the morning.”

“You so will not see me in the morning you – are you seriously leaving right now?”

“See you later, Chels!”

“If you walk out that door, I swear I’ll –”

“Bye!”

“You –! …Ugh, what a waste. I am so dumping him for Brad tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment