Monday, March 31, 2014

RED CIRCLE


I am what I am. And I am pointless.
I have infinite tangents. But only a single pigment.
A property that produces different sensations on the eye
I absorb most electromagnetic radiation,
But I reflect that with the wavelength near 650nm
Scarlet, vermilion, crimson, ruby, cherry, cerise, cardinal, carmine, wine, blood.
And what else can I do.  I don’t do anything else.
I am 2pi.  Three hundred and sixty degrees,
In the foreground of a white background, I’m the symbol of the Japanese.
But is that all?  I am what I am.
Allegory is in the eye of the beholder.
A target? The bull’s eye? The highest priority?
I do not mean anything of myself.
Who places meaning on me?
I am, what I am.  I am pointless, and red.
But you know what?  That is fine with me.
Imagine, for a moment, if this poem had been about Red Square... 

No comments:

Post a Comment