Monday, March 31, 2014

Weight

Weight.
All I have is weight.
Weight pressing on shoulders; compressing the sinews leaving my bones
aching;
Weight and time; time to think and reason
Time to contemplate the weight
Time to look beneath and wonder
What holds me up?
Does it feel the weight as well?
Is it compressed?
Squished
crushed
If not, does pain exist?
Is it only me?
Am I alone?
What is it about the weight that
pushes my gaze down?
Constant
Old
Alone
Cold
A drone
Carrying
Lifting
Holding
Looking down at my feet
If only I could see my
Face
If only I could see my
Fate
If only I could see
My My Me Mine My pain My weight
Not yours
Mine

As if the whole world was on my
Cliché
My cliché
I get one beautiful moment of rest
The expense of another
The pain of another
His weight now
Do I leave?
Do I shirk what’s mine?
I try
But he’s more cunning
And again its mine.
Mine mine mine mine
Me
I
Do you get the point yet?
I could go on.
Short skirts in the cold
All they say is
I
Am
Cold
Age stricken beings once human
I
Am
So
Old
What is it about complaint?
What is it about
Weight?

I will never give it up.
It’s mine.

-Eric T. Behr


No comments:

Post a Comment