Monday, March 31, 2014

The Tube

Here I am. Clean, fresh and full,
Slid out from my box with one easy pull
Hello world, it is good to meet you
Then placed on the counter, nothing askew
I have a place, I have purpose.
Little I’d known, this experience just scrapped the surface.
At first it was great. My cap fit on tight.
And the rest of me smoothly shone in the bathroom light.
Then one day I awoke to find myself betrayed.
It had come gradually, like a cruel game had been played.
How had it come to this? My heart often wondered
I was pressed in from the center, someone had blundered
My cap no longer fit, now how could that be?
No! Ow! Stop!  If you weren’t so sloppy you wouldn’t have to bite me
My cap sticks, and substance lingers in each of my ends.
My figure’s destroyed, and I thought you were my friend.
No!  You can’t do this to me! You can’t through me out yet!
I’m not empty! There’s paste in the bottom corners to get…
All because you didn’t treat me right.
And now there’s nothing I can do, not even fight.
If you had just pressed me from the end...
You’d have gotten your money’s worth.

And the end of relationships, the Toothpaste's Revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment