Monday, September 16, 2013

An Ode to Courtly Love

All red heads are saucy.

These are the words that crescendo in my head, flowing and bouncing, traipsing down the corridors of memory and nostalgia.

I won't take these slights personally, she's just playing hard to get. I'm sure she just needs to make sure of my intentions, and that my reputation is sound. I have to do good works! Of course! I whooped and hollered, startling the nearby flock of geese. I think one of them hissed at me. I didn't care!

I seemed to float and bounce on wings of sparrows! These were her favorite bird, of course. 
I'll paint her a portrait! Oops, I can't paint. I'll write her a poem! Damn, I can't spell. I'll feed the poor! Er... I don't like how they smell... I have to find something praiseworthy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment