Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How to Write a Love Letter by Lenitschka

This Cafe Chi game was several months ago, but it's one I have always been happy with. The Assignment: Write a Declaration of Love.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

No, that's been used before. I think. Plus counting off why doesn't seem like that effective a method.

Love is not love, which...

What comes after that? Something about not changing. Then something about storms and rain and all those descriptions of really dramatic love scenes in Regency costume. I can't do that either. My words couldn't compete with rain, green hills, or dramatic crescendos.

Love, love me do, you know I love....

Great. Now I was ripping off the Beatles instead of the Bard.

I have no words to say. They've all been said already; written, studied, summarized in essays, put on platinum records - and all much better than I ever could.

So what do I write to convey how I feel? No poetry ever would come right. I'm lucky if I can get a sentence out with the words in the right order, and I can never describe how I feel with any great metaphors.

So, I'll start with this:

I. Love. You.

Three words. Not a lot, but the ones that matter most anyway.

I love you.

It's a short lover letter, but I mean every word.

No comments:

Post a Comment